Monday, May 1, 2017

Fat burning machine, or just fat?

I've been eating low-carb for nearly a month, now. About two weeks in, I decided we weren't doing Atkins, we were doing the Keto Diet--it made it easier to find recipes and stuff.

So far, I've lost a whopping two pounds. I am not surprised. Traditionally, I don't lose weight. I am not one of those people. I follow the diet to the letter and typically, I gain weight...I am doomed to be short and round for the rest of my life.

BUT--I have to say--I feel better than I have in a long time on this diet. I'm not hungry. I'm eating good, whole food and nothing processed (except bacon. Because if the diet says I can eat bacon, I'm eating bacon! Who wouldn't??).

I've been going to the gym and riding the bike for thirty minutes a few days a week. But I'm going to switch over to doing the circuit. Apparently, lifting weights is better on the Keto diet. Then again, you're supposed to become a fat-burning machine (!!!) on this diet, and the weight is supposed to FLY off your body at a rapid rate...and I've only lost two pounds.  So, who knows?

It's entirely possible I'm not eating enough. Since having anemia, I tend to forget to eat, and now that I'm not eating sugar and am not hungry or craving all the time, I [i]really[/i] forget to eat. Which is kind of funny, if you think about it. If there was a worldwide food shortage and we had absolutely no food, I'd probably still manage to gain weight. Then starving people would chase me down, kill me and eat me. Because I'd be full of fatty deliciousness, I guess. Probably taste like bacon.

Has anyone else tried this diet? There's a zon of research out there that shows it's actually better for you than other diets, and is used by cancer patients as well as people with epilepsy and diabetes; it's even been tested as an Alzeheimers preventative because it "feeds the brain".

(Aha. That's why I'm not losing weight. My brain's getting bigger.)

Goals for May:

Start lifting weights 3 times a week in the circuit.

Keep on eating keto!

Hope to lose another few pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment